NCHS Foster Care Program
Working together for children
Although foster parents play a temporary role, their impact on children and families is lifelong. That’s why NCHS’s foster care program is a supportive and connected network of caring adults working collectively to nurture the child’s best interest.
Most importantly, children in foster care need a safe and loving environment until they can rejoin their families. NCHS supports parents and caregivers as they work towards permanency for their children. Download our Foster Care Flyer to learn more.
Foster Parent Criteria:
- Willing to care for children 12 and older
- Open to caring for siblings
- Prepared to care for children with behavioral or medical needs
- Able to be flexible, resilient, persistent, and committed
- Committed to partnering with a child’s parents and extended family members to support reunification