Helping You Care for Your Unique Family
Kinship caregiving resources and community connections
In the United States alone, there are 2.7 million children in kinship care situations. These children are being cared for by family members, family friends, or other supportive parenting figures to help provide a bright future and a loving home environment.
A Comprehensive Guide To Kinship
When it comes to kinship care, understanding the resources, support, and community connections available to you is crucial for the health and development of the child, your family, and yourself. Our complete guide helps to answer any questions you may have and identify the support outlets available to you. It’s important to remember that you are not alone; NCHS is here to help you in this journey.
About the Guide
When you download our Kinship Care guide, you’ll get instant access to a wide range of information, including:
- The history of Kinship Care
- What modern-day Kinship Care looks like
- The varying levels of Kinship Care
- Tips for preparing to step up as a Kinship Caregiver
- The kind of support Kinship Caregivers typically need
- Information on our Kinship Navigation services