Job Title: Scanning & Record Center Coordinator
Job Classification (Exempt or Non-exempt): Non-Exempt
Reports To: Administrative Support Supervisor
Job Summary: Oversees NCHS file scanning project, coordination of file pick up/drop off, completes in-house scanning and Laserfische maintenance & training. Maintains accurate file systems within the NCHS file room.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees the daily operations and completion of the NCHS scanning project
2. Ensures all files are scanned based on program type in accurate order
3. Ensures accuracy of all files prepped for scanning
4. Maintains records of files sent to Bishops for scanning completion and completes all audit requirements upon file return
5. Complete data imports into Laserfische program
6. Work with supervisor to create templates for new NCHS program scanning
7. Complete in house scanning for all NCHS programs, accounting and billing documents
8. Completes LaserFische training for NCHS staff
9. Maintain NCHS file room including file storage, retrieving files for program staff, ensuring return of files, and file organization
10. Provides back up support to NCHS Receptionist & Administrative Department
11. Complete close file review, file storage, scanning, and database entry for all NCHS programs
12. Demonstrates respect, appreciation, and sensitivity for diversity and confidentiality
13. Participates within Continuous Quality Improvement program
Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs other duties as assigned by the Admin Support Supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Minimum education and experience:
a. High School Graduate and/or related work experience
b. Minimum 2 years’ experience maintaining filing systems
c. Ability and/or willingness to learn, understand and utilize computer software and
hardware applicable to the organization’s operations, including word-processing and
Microsoft Office and Windows
d. Supports the goals and missions of NCHS
2. Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
a. Knowledge of computer spreadsheets and database systems required
b. Knowledge of maintaining accurate filing systems required
c. Is able to work well with others.
d. Needs good command of the English language and accurate spelling skills.
e. Ability to multi-task and handle a fast paced office environment.
f. Is able to understand priorities and procedures related to the Agency.
g. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
h. Must be knowledgeable about how the agency operates and able to direct incoming
calls to the proper party.
i. Possess driver’s license and personal vehicle insurance
3. Physical demands:
a. Spends much of the day at the desk/computer area.
b. May be required to walk, climb, sit use hands and fingers to operate, handle or feel objects and equipment, talk and hear.
c. Light lifting requirements (<40lbs).
4. Schedule demands (travel, adjustments to accommodate clients, weekends/evenings, etc.):
a. Scheduling is based around normal office hours on an “as needed” basis.
5. Site factors (work location, environment, travel, etc.):
a. Most of the work will be in an office environment.
b. Travel between Omaha sites may be required.
Note: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that will be encountered by a person performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Salary Range: $12.00 – 14.00/hour
How to Apply
Interested candidates should visit https://www.nchs.org/careers, locate this position, and click on “Apply Now” beneath the job description to complete the online application form. The application must be completed in full and submitted by the specified closing date for consideration.
Please contact Christina Thompson at 402-451-0787 or at 4939 South 118th Street, Omaha, NE 68137.