NCHS Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Application
If you have any trouble completing the form, please call 402.206.4109 or email CARES@NCHS.org.
The CARES Act funds may be used to cover:
- Rent/Mortgage to help cover overdue or mortgage to avoid eviction or foreclosure.
- Medical expenses
- Transportation expenses
To qualify, household income must be under the following amounts:
Income Limits ($)
A qualifying applicant must have needs in at least one of the following categories:
- Loss of employment due to changes in the workplace caused by COVID-19.
- Loss of income due to illness specific to COVID-19, of either self or a family member.
- Loss of income due to a loss or reduction in unemployment benefits.
- Lack of income for one of the following reasons:
- Inability to stay current with rent or mortgage payment causing a risk of eviction or homelessness
- Inability to stay current paying utility bills causing risk of shut off
- Inability to access necessary resources such as telehealth for medical or behavioral health due to lack of technology – either smartphone or tablet
- Inability of adults or children to receive online education or training due to lack of technology
- Inability to maintain enough food or necessities for the individual or family
- Short-term financial assistance
- Lack of essential items (food, clothing, shelter)
- Experiencing COVID-19 related unemployment
- Experiencing poverty
- Facing mental health or substance abuse issues
- Experiencing language barriers
- Isolated or limited access to services in remote areas of the state
To qualify for CARES funding, the individual requesting assistance must meet the following criteria:
- U.S Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident
- Resident of Nebraska impacted by COVID-19
*Supporting documentation must be provided to verify eligibility
What happens after an application is submitted?
An NCHS staff member will review the application and respond to you within three business days to gather more information and provide you with information on the next steps.
NOTE: Submission of an application does not guarantee approval for CARES funds.